- CSK were found wanting in their first game against Delhi Capitals but cruised to victory against Punjab Kings. With the bat, Suresh Raina is their only player to have hit a half-century so far, making 54 from 36-balls against Delhi. However, such was their low target against Punjab Kings, it didn’t lend itself to multi half-centuries, Moeen Ali contributing a match winning 46 to back up his 36 in the first game. With the ball, they flopped against Delhi, taking only 3 wickets in the game. But responded brilliantly against Punjab Kings, Deepak Chahar with 4-13 and delivering a maiden over.
- Rajasthan Royals’ captain Sanju Samson is the only player so far in the tournament to make a three figure score. His 63-ball 119 included 19 boundaries and came in the defeat to Punjab Kings. David Miller hit a match winning 62 against Delhi Capitals, his first IPL appearance of the season, rescuing the Royals from 17-3 in their successful pursuit of 148. Chetan Sakariya exploded onto the IPL with figures of 3-31 on debut against Punjab Kings. Jaydev Unadkat has also impressed with the ball, leading the charge against Delhi Capitals with the top order wickets of Shaw, Dhawan and Rahane and finishing with figures of 3-15 from 4 overs.
- Chennai are yet to give overseas players Mitchell Santner, Imran Tahir, Lungi Ngidi and Jason Behrendorff a run out. The Royals are yet to call upon Liam Livingstone, Andrew Tye or the injured Jofra Archer who may become available later in the campaign.
Date – Apr 19, 2021
Time – 19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
Venue – Wankhede Stadium – Mumbai, India
CSK vs RR Match Toss Prediction
We finally saw a captain electing to bat first after winning the toss in the Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad game. However, we expect whoever calls correctly to choose to chase after their wins doing as such in the last games.
CSK vs RR Match Pitch Report
Apart from Punjab Kings’ efforts against CSK, The Wankhede Stadium is the ground providing the highest scores in the tournament so far. We expect the batsmen on both sides to enjoy the conditions..
The temperature may drop to 29 degrees as the game progresses. Clear skies throughout.
Chennai Super Kings Predicted Playing 11
Ruturaj Gaikwad, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Moeen Ali, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni (c) (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Curran, Dwayne Bravo, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar
Rajasthan Royals Predicted Playing 11
Jos Buttler, Manan Vohra, Sanju Samson (c) (wk), David Miller, Shivam Dube, Riyan Parag, Chris Morris, Rahul Tewatia, Jaydev Unadkat, Chetan Sakariya, Mustafizur Rahman
CSK vs RR Dream 11 Team Prediction
- Batsmen:Suresh Raina, David Miller, Faf du Plessis
- All Rounder:Ravindra Jadeja, Moeen Ali(vc), Sam Curran
- Wicket Keeper:Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson(c)
- Bowler:Jaydev Unadkat, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur