- Both of Delhi Capitals’ wins have been built upon solid opening partnerships from Prithvi Shaw and Shikhar Dhawan. Against Chennai Super Kings, they put on 138 for the first wicket to set up a 7 wicket win and in Sunday’s match against Punjab Kings they contributed 59 for their opening stand to set up a 6 wicket win. Dhawan has been the player of the match in both victories and, after game 11, sits at the top of the tournament runs list with 186. With the ball, Avesh Khan has taken wickets in each game and currently has 6 scalps so far with Chris Woakes just behind him on 5.
- After doing what they do and losing their opening game, Mumbai Indians have bounced back with tight victories over Kolkata Knight Riders and Sunrisers Hyderabad. With the bat, the holders are yet to really get going, Suryakumar Yadav their only player to make a half-century so far. As a result, each of Mumbai Indians’ innings have produced similar totals, between 150 and 159, each time batting first. This has put additional pressure on their bowling attack who have responded well with a combination of wickets from Rahul Chahar (7) and Trent Boult (6), and an impressive economy rate of 5.66 from Jasprit Bumrah.
- Delhi Capitals gave a first game to Steve Smith in Sunday’s victory over Punjab Kings. Mumbai Indians are yet to unleash Jimmy Neesham or Nathan Coulter-Nile.
Date – 20 April 2021
Time – 19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
Venue – MA Chidambaram Stadium – Chennai, India
Winner -Mumbai Indians
DC vs MI Match Toss Prediction
Rohit Sharma broke the habit of the captains in the 2021 IPL by becoming the first skipper to opt to bat first in the game against Sunrisers Hyderabad. Mumbai Indians seem happy to post a total whereas Rishabh Pant continues to field first.
DC vs MI Match Pitch Report
Most of the games in Chennai have seen scores around the 150-160 mark. Only explosive batting from AB de Villiers and Glenn Maxwell in RCB’s win over KKR has taken a team over 200. We again expect a pitch where bowlers can keep a lid on the scoring rate.
Clear skies throughout with temperatures hovering above and around the 30 degree mark.
Delhi Capitals Predicted Playing 11
Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Steve Smith, Rishabh Pant (c) (wk), Marcus Stoinis, Chris Woakes, Lalit Yadav, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kagiso Rabada, Avesh Khan, Lukman Meriwala
Mumbai Indians Predicted Playing 11
Rohit Sharma (c) , Quinton de Kock (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Rahul Chahar, Adam Milne, Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult
DC vs MI Dream 11 Team Prediction
- Batsmen:Shikhar Dhawan (c), Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav
- All Rounder:Chris Woakes, Lalit Yadav
- Wicket Keeper:Quinton de Kock, Rishabh Pant
- Bowler:Trent Boult (vc), Jasprit Bumrah, Rahul Chahar, Avesh Khan