- To put it simply, in the tournament so far, when Delhi Capitals’ openers bat well then they win. When they have an off-day they lose. Against CSK, Prithvi Shaw’s 72 was outdone by Shikhar Dhawan’s 85 as they cruised to victory with 8 balls to spare. However, against Rajasthan Royals, they contributed a combined 11 and in spite of 51 from captain Rishabh Pant, Delhi went down by 3 wickets. With the ball, Avesh Khan has been the pick of the bowlers with figures of 3-32 and 2-23. Chris Woakes and Kagiso Rabada have also been impressive.
- Punjab Kings performances with the bat have been poles apart. In their opening game, KL Rahul hit 91, Deepak Hooda 64 and Chris Gayle 40 as they beat Rajasthan. However, against CSK, the top 5 batsmen contributed 25 runs between them leaving only Shahrukh Khan with 47 as they crumbled in setting a target. Mohammed Shami and Arshdeep Singh have been the bowlers of note, both players having taken 4 wickets in the tournament so far.
- Kagiso Rabada emerged from quarantine to play for Delhi Capitals in their last game and there must be a temptation to do the same with fellow countryman Anrich Nortje who is now out of quarantine. For Punjab Kings, we are yet to see Chris Jordan take the field in his fifth IPL season.
Date – 18april 2021
Time – 19:30 IST / 10:00 GMT
Venue -The Wankhede Stadium – Mumbai, India
C vs PBKS Match Toss Prediction
After they failed miserably with the bat against CSK, it would take a very brave KL Rahul to choose to bat first. As usual, we expect Rahul or Pant to opt to chase.
DC vs PBKS Match Pitch Report
The Wankhede Stadium is the ground providing the best surface for batting at present. We expect significant runs on both sides in this game.
High of 33 at the start of the game, it won’t dip below 30 during both teams’ innings.
Delhi Capitals Predicted Playing 11
Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant (c) (wk), Marcus Stoinis, Lalit Yadav, Chris Woakes, Ravi Ashwin, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Avesh Khan
Punjab Kings Predicted Playing 11
KL Rahul (c) (wk), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Deepak Hooda, Nicholas Pooran, Shahrukh Khan, Jhye Richardson, Murugan Ashwin, Riley Meredith, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh
DC vs PBKS Dream 11 Team Prediction
- Batsmen:Shikhar Dhawan(c), Chris Gayle, Prithvi Shaw
- All Rounder:Chris Woakes, Deepak Hooda, Lalit Yadav
- Wicket Keeper:KL Rahul(vc), Rishabh Pant
- Bowler:Mohammed Shami, Kagiso Rabada, Arshdeep Singh