- India followed their usual blueprint of a steady start at the top of their innings before their middle order exploded into action across the final block of overs in Friday’s ODI. Virat Kohli made his third successive half-century inside a week, he has now scored 50+ in five of his last six journeys to the crease against England, and Rishabh Pant showed that he is a star in all formats with a 40-ball 77. However, the top run-scorer for India was the previously out of form KL Rahul who followed up his unbeaten 62 in the first ODI with 108.
- For England, their reply was again built on a century partnership from Jonny Bairstow and Jason Roy. Bairstow impressed throughout his innings hitting his eleventh ODI century and continued his strong form in this format. He now has scores of 112, 94 and 124 on Friday, across his last three ODI appearances. However, Ben Stokes was arguably the best batsman during the game, smashing 99 from only 52 balls during a rapid 175-run second wicket partnership with Bairstow.
- Bowlers on both sides were expensive on a pitch which favoured the power hitters. Only Moeen Ali (4.70) and Prasidh Krishna (5.80) had economy rates under 6 runs per over. Reece Topley (2-50) and Bhuvneshwar Kumar 1-63 were also impressive in periods.
Date -28 march 2021
Time- 13:30, GMT +5:30
Venue –Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium – Pune, India
IND vs ENG Toss Prediction
Virat Kohli has lost nine out of the eleven tosses against England, across all formats, during this year’s tour of India. We expect Kohli or Jos Buttler to choose to field first should they win the toss.
Friday’s pitch offered very little for the bowlers and at times resembled a road when the batsmen were hitting sixes deep into the stands. It would be a big surprise if Sunday’s pitch was remarkably different.
Mostly sunny with a little bit of cloud. The temperature could top 40 degrees during the earlier stages of the game.
India Predicted Playing 11
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c) , KL Rahul, Rishabh Pant (wk) Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Shardul Thakur, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Prasidh Krishna
England Predicted Playing 11
Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler (c) (wk), Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Adil Rashid, Reece Topley, Mark Wood
IND vs ENG Dream11 Team Prediction
- Batsmen:Virat Kohli (c) , Jonny Bairstow, Shikhar Dhawan, Jason Roy
- All Rounder:Ben Stokes, Hardik Pandya
- Wicket Keeper:Jos Buttler, Rishabh Pant
- Bowler:Bhuveshwar Kumar, Prasidh Krishna, Reece Topley